3.13.2010

Eric and Fire

Log of undetermined age, supporting me this night
Colors of coal and white hot ash
Timber and sweat and flint in trembling hands
I've cried over this fire, that it may flourish
I loved its warmth and felt the light caressing my face
And basked in the glory that came, with only a little encouragement
He was so proud and smug in my attentions, boasting of my beauty in his hues
Alas, morning came. And I needed the warmth no more.
The smoldering fire became drifting ember and the pit was not as before.
The sun shone upon me and I squinted towards it
Seeing the world revealed in its rays
The day called on me, beckoned me onward
But I looked back at the ash, and missed the privacy of that night
The softness and quietness with my fire.
Our world was gone in a blink of the earth
I wept for our love as he disappeared
A wave of the blue flame bye

No comments:

Post a Comment