3.13.2010

Spring Break





Good morning and Happy Spring Break!

I have in front of me the Texas State University Housing Preferences online form.
Its almost fun. Stand in front of the menu at your local coffee bar, determine the identity of your next latte. This is a reflection on yourself, so choose wisely.
I guess its the same with student resident life. You will be identified with the hall you call home.
Then I get to thinking. Wow, I'm going to call some building with tiny rooms and a community bathroom home. I have two instincts, to groan and to cheer. Cheering to get away from home. Groaning because, come on, that's not really a home.
It will be nice to control more of what I do during the day. If I'm annoyed with my roommate, I can leave the room. If I'm tired of a few people, I walk away. There's always somewhere else to go or someone else with whom to talk. It sounds easier than high school, where I'm only allowed to be in one room per hour, or home, when I can't very well just walk out of the house whenever I please.
Now, when I start to feel steam coming out of my ears, I silently repeat my mantra to myself. "Five months. And I'll be gone. Five months. And I'll be gone."
Its frustrating, now in my bored state, to enjoy life as it is, treasure the last moments, or even to let loose. I just don't want to do anything, but leave.
But, the sun is out. The sky is blue. Its beautiful. And so are you.

Five months. And I'll be gone.

Have a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment